holiday time and many of us pet lovers enjoy buying gifts for our pets and our friends' pets. This year Dr. Debra - Director of Product Research for PetProductAdvisor.com - went to four major pet product shows: the Global Pet Show (Orlando), Backers Spring Show (Atlantic City), Zoomark (Italy), and the Backers Christmas Pet Product Show (Chicago). She attends all of these industry shows to find new, innovative, high quality products that are also a good value.
Dr. Debra carefully researches, picks and tests these products - and that testing is substantial. She and her team look at thousands of products. But less than 0.1% of these products will meet the guidelines and be "approved".
Sometimes a good cat toy is hard to find, but today I would like to make it a bit easier. Based on her testing, Dr. Debra has identified the Top Cat Toys of 2011. I wanted to share them with you today.
Here is the list:
1. Yeowww!® Catnip Cigar - This is actually my favorite catnip toy for cats. The quality of this 100% organic catnip is very high, so it drives cats crazy. It's the freshest, most potent catnip you can buy.
2. Scratch-N-TV - We really love the Scratch-N-TV because it has all of your cat's favorite activities rolled into one! It's a fun hideaway, a scratcher, a feathery flyer toy, a fun play spot, a lounge, a lookout, a retreat and a great spot for a nice little catnap!
3. Neko Flies - This high quality wand toy has 5 different attachment toys that you can mix and match - and each one looks and moves like the real thing! This is the best wand toy we've ever seen. Choose from a variety of bugs, creepy crawlies and furry critters with movements so real your cat will think he's chasing the real thing.
4. Pawbreakers - This all-natural catnip toy is sure to drive your playful kitty absolutely bonkers! Pawbreakers is a solid ball of top quality catnip combined with a human food-grade binding agent to make a tasty toy that your cat can chase and eat with almost no mess!
5. Twitch - The Twitch is a battery-operated toy that bounces and swings a toy for your cat to chase. It has an automatic timer, so it can play with your cat when you can't. You can set up a timed play session for your catwhile you're away or, set Twitch to run multiple 10-minute play sessions throughout the day. Twitch has a suction cup that attaches to any smooth flat surface.
6. Bolt Laser Toy - Cats love to chase things and the Bolt Laser Toy is especially fun to chase. Cats just love it. It has an "automatic mode" that runs a 15-minute laser play session for your cat, and then it shuts itself off. The award winning Bolt Laser Toy is one of our all-time favorite toys.
7. Fling-ama-String - This has been one of our MOST popular cat gifts for the past few years, and it is still going strong. This award-winning battery-operated cat toy easily attaches to a doorknob. It has a rotating belt that "flings" out a string, and then pulls it back in, over and over again. It's a blast!
8. Yeowww!® Catnip Candy Cane - The Yeowww! Catnip Candy Cane is made by the same company that makes the catnip cigar I just told you about. And just like the cigar it's FILLED with the world's strongest catnip! This festive plush toy is a fun holiday version of the cigar.
9. Undercover Mouse - The Undercover Mouse is one of our favorite cat toys. It's just like the finger game. Your cat will love watching the mouse's tail moving randomly back and forth underneath the fabric. It appeals to your cat's natural hunting instinct, so he can't help but chase after the mouse
10. Tiger Mobile - This door-mounted interactive toy can turn any inside door into a "kitty fun zone"! The motorized Tiger Mobile quickly mounts to any doorknob with an easy Velcro strap (so it's easy to put up and take down, and you can move it to any door in your home). Cats really love it.
One more bonus - we had so many great toys this year that we had a hard time limiting our list to 10! So here is #11:
11. Yeowww!® Kris Krinkle Holiday Gift Bundle - This whacky holiday gift bundle includes a Yeowww! Catnip Banana, a Yeowww! Catnip Candy Cane, a Kris Krinkle holiday catnip toy in the shape of a Christmas tree (that makes a fun "crinkle" sound when your cat plays with it), and an extra bag of 100% organic Yeowww! Catnip.