It's holiday time and many of us pet lovers enjoy buying gifts for our pets and our friends' pets. This year Dr. Debra - Director of Product Research for PetProductAdvisor.com - went to four major pet product shows: the Global Pet Show (Orlando), Backers Spring Show (Atlantic City), Zoomark (Italy), and the Backers Christmas Pet Product Show (Chicago). She attends all of these industry shows to find new, innovative, high quality products that are also a good value.
Dr. Debra carefully researches, picks and tests these products - and that testing is substantial. She and her team look at thousands of products. But less than 0.1% of these products will meet the guidelines and be "approved".
Sometimes a good dog toy is hard to find, but today I would like to make it a bit easier. Based on her testing, Dr. Debra has identified the Top Dog Toys of 2011. I wanted to share them with you today.
Here is the list.
1. Invincible Gecko - The Kyjen Invincible Gecko has a revolutionary new squeaker technology that keeps on squeaking even after it has been punctured! The toy's entire body is made up of these large squeakers (so there is no fiber fill inside the toy). It comes in two sizes and is sure to be one of your dog's all-time favorite toys.
2. TWIZ - The TWIZ toy by West Paw Design is made from a material called Zogoflex. This is just about the toughest materialwe've seen in a dog toy, yet it's safe for your dog. Stuff it with treats, if floats, or a great toss toy. Twist and untwist the legs. We love this toy! It's made right here in the USA, it's 100% recyclable, and it cleans up in your dishwasher. And this toy is SO TOUGH, it's guaranteed against dog damage!
3. Invincible Snake - Just like the Invincible Gecko, the Kyjen Invincible Snake will keep on squeaking even after it is punctured. It uses the same revolutionary new squeaker technology and it is very interactive. Whether your dog has been naughty or nice, the Invincible Snake will make a wonderful holiday gift.
4. Hear Doggy Toys - If your dog loves squeaky toys but you HATE the noise, we have the perfect solution. That's right - your dog can hear the ultrasonic squeaker in these three toys - the Hear Doggy Flat Deer, Hear Doggy Blowfish and Hear Doggy Whale, but you can't! It has no messy stuffing inside, and your dog will love the flat body design.
5. Everlasting Fun Ball - This is one tough toy! In fact, the Everlasting Fun Ball is one of the toughest chew toys we've ever seen. The thick puncture-resistantmaterial in this tough ball is practically indestructible! It's totally safe for your dog and it comes in 3 fun sizes. It makes a great chew toy, but it is also a fun treat toy when you insert an Everlocking Treat.
6. Talking Babble Ball - Why do dog's love this ball? Because it's alive!! The Talking Babble Ball is sure to be a big hit with your dog - and it's a hoot for you to watch your dog interact with it. The ball suddenly springs to life when your dog approaches, uttering more than 20 different sounds and phrases.
7. Chase-It - We really love the Chase-It. And top trainers recommend this toy because it engages your dog with plenty of fun, healthy exercise. The flexible 48-inch rod has a rope with a plush bungee squirrel at the end. Just swing the rod around and watch as your dog happily chases after the squirrel.
8. Go Dog Holiday Dragon - This adorable red Santa dragon is one fun plush toy that's built to last because it's made with Chew Guard technology. The well-made plush toy has a tough inner liner to help resist punctures and tearing and double stitched reinforced seams for extra durability.
9. Knotties Moose - This toy is built strong with Tuffut Technology to withstand over 100 pounds of pulling and tugging! With 5 squeakers inside, this loveable moose is sure to become your dog's new best friend. The Knotties Moose comes in two sizes and is machine washable.
10. Kyjen Bottle Buddies Reindeer - The Kyjen Bottle Buddies Reindeer is a fun water bottle toy that has a Velcro flaps that hold the replaceable water bottle securely inside the toy and the plush fabric protects your dog's mouth from any broken edges of plastic as the water bottle breaks down.
One more bonus - we had so many great toys this year that we had a hard time limiting our list to 10! So here is #11:
11. Wild and Crazy Sherpa Monkey - We just LOVE these monkeys! They're made by the folks at GoDog, so they are built tough with heavy-duty threads and reinforced seams to withstand high bite pressure. Instead of two separate arms and legs being sewn onto the monkey, each set of arms and legs is one solid piece that it made to slide back and forth through the monkey's body - which is really great for tug of war! These cuddly cuties come in 4 different colors and sizes.
I hope the Top Dog Products of 2011 will give you some great ideas for your holiday shopping. And for the next 72 hours only, you can save 10% off these Top Dog Toys at PetProductAdvisor.com. Just use coupon codeDOGTOYS-10 at checkout. (Discount is only valid for these 11 toys. Offer ends Wednesday November 23rd)
Until next time,